Hi, I need to edit the date/time when an issue was added to a sprint.
Can I edit the history and if yes how, do I need to edit the database, can i use the rest api ?
Please help me figure out how to do that.
Thanks, Leonard
Hello @Leonard Pooch ,
Open an issue and go to the History tab:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/viewing-an-issue-s-change-history-720416460.html
Thanks,
PVS
Yes, you do need to hack the database to destroy historical data. You can't do it with REST, only via plugin code or changing the database.
Thanks Nic for confirming my thoughts.
Can you give me some hints on how to do that ? I was digging into the db and i come to the conclusion that it has something to do with the 'changeitem' and 'changegroup' tables, am i right ?
Partly. Those two tables are the history of an issue, but I think you will also want to look in the AO tables related to Jira Software - I have a feeling the date things are moved into (and out of) a sprint is recorded in one of them as well.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- wouldn't you say it is not recommended to edit the Jira DB? I believe you have advised against it in the past.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.