While installing the atlassian-jira-software-8.4.1-x64 file, initially the installer said that I don't have administrative rights to this m/c and such some instances may not work message. I ignored and installed. After that when I started using from the browser with losthost:8080, it says local host refused to connect error.
I tried to change the port in Jira configuration tool, but with no help ( 8100 and 8015).
--------------------
Well, I am getting this new error from the browser, while executing localhost:8100
Jira encountered the following problems during startup. You need to fix any errors before you start Jira again.
Setup: Your jira.home path is a parent of your webapp servlet path
Your jira.home path C:\Users\palan\Atlassian\JIRA can't be the parent directory your webapp servlet path C:\Users\palan\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira.
Review our documentation for more information on setting your JIRA home.
Learn more
If you're unable to fix the problems and need to contact support, we can respond faster if you provide the logs of your instance.