So for my project to build, I need to rely on a jar file which can only be retrieved by building it locally (running a specific build tools app which builds the jar file)
I read a few articles stating I can download this app into my pipeline, which will then execute to build the jar I need and cache it.
Now Im at the point where I just don't know how to do that.
Sidenote: I'm very new to maven and all these building steps.
Locally on my machine I can build my project just fine, as that jar file is installed in my local maven repo. I just need to figure out how to add the steps to my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file
The file that needs to execute is called BuildTools, the site to download it is here:
https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/BuildTools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/BuildTools.jar
From my understanding I need to add this to my bitbucket-pipelines.yml, have it run, and install the output jar into my pipeline maven cache.
IF someone could help me understand the steps/lines I need to add to the yml file to make this magic happen, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you!