Hi all, I have migrated the JIRASoftware and Confluence from one server to another server, after the migration, I can no longer log into to Confluence but my jira login still works, I googled online and found a solution below, but it did not work for me.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Cannot-log-into-Confluence-after-moving-servers/qaq-p/84901
I also tried to use forgot password method, it sent me the URL which does not work for me at all.
Any help?
hello @jing wang if your confluence was linked to an LDAP kind of system, it is normal.You should try to use the recovery admin:https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html
This should work
hi @robert Mugabuhamye , I'm not using an LDAP kind of system.
I also tried the recovery admin method, it does not work for me.
In my case, I can log back in to JIRA with no issue, but login to Confluence, it returned me incorrect password, I tried the forgot passage, with the link, I can open it only from the local host (as the url is http://localhost:8090/xxxxx instead of http://{hostname}:8090/xxxx. ), after I entered the new password. I got following error page returned. Do you have any other clues what I should do to fix this issue? Thank you!
Oops - an error has occurred
A system error has occurred — our apologies!
For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.
If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support system with the following information:
Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.
We will respond as promptly as possible.Thank you!
Return to site homepage…
hello @jing wang .what do you mean by the recovery does not work? it is supposed to work and there should be no reason why.are you on a Linux system? windows? on windows, do you start your confluence as a service? with the .bat. ? This will help narrow down how to configure your recovery admin.
I"m on a Windows server, my confluence is configured as a service. I followed the restore password document, I used cmd prompt to run the .bat file to start confluence service, when I tried to use recovery_admin user to login, I was not able to login. I still got the "Please re-enter your login details and type in the word below." message, am i missing anything? btw, my confluence version is 6.7.1. @robert Mugabuhamye
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.