Hi,
TL;DR - I cannot make the portfolio team field mandatory, even if I unlock it from the DB...
FUll story -
We started using JIRA portfolio, which adds a new "Team" field. previously we had our own custom field for teams.
Since I didn't want to have 2 fields, I bulk updated all of our issues and got rid of the old field to use the new one.... but - our old field was required, and the new field is optional and locked.... I used the following guide so I can unlock it and then make it required:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-unlock-a-locked-jira-software-field-779158866.html
This went well (more or less) except for the fact that even after I changed the "managed" field set to false, the field still seemed to be locked. I then changed the access level in the DB from "locked" to "Unlocled" and then the field seemed to be unlocked, I then tried to change it to be required, and got an HTTP error. so I am stuck without being able to change it.
Am I doing something wrong? is there another way of doing so or is this a limitation that I somehow have to live with (not sure how)?
Thanks!