Hi,
We are OnDemand using a Kanban board.Any idea what is the difference between Resolution Fixed and Resolution Done?
In the admin Resolutions section (Admin -> Issue Attributes -> Resolutions) by default I see them both. It says: Fixed (Default) - A fix for this issue is checked into the tree and tested.Done - GreenHopper Managed Resolution
How does GreenHopper manage this Done resolution?Can I just delete it? I prefer to have only one Resolution for tasks done. This is confusing for developers.
Did some research:https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95906/greenhopper-simplified-workflow-doesn-t-allow-us-to-set-resolutionshttps://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+GreenHopper+Simplified+Workflow https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Unable+to+set+issues+to+Resolved+using+Greenhopper+Simplified+Workflow
Found out that Simplified Workflow of Greenhopper "Automatically sets a resolution of 'Done' when issues move into the 'Done' column."
I still do not understand very well why I should have 2 resolutions instead of one?Maybe Fixed is for tasks Resolved and Done for tasks in the Done column? Still confusing.
Any thoughts?
Cheers!
Don't delete it. When you create projects directly in GH, the simplified workflow created as part uses this resolution. I assume you have already created at least one now already, otherwise that resolution won't be there in the instance.
Even if you delete it, if you create a project again in GH, it will again come back. Two options:
Why the Simplified Workflow does not use Fixed instead?Why a new Resolution is added?
Good question, but I don't have an answer
Why not, added here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7119
You may watch it, vote for it.
Hi Estan,
When you are following Agile methodology there is a "Definition of Done". I suspect that that is the reason why Atlassian introduced the new Done resolution. It is more global than Fixed.. Bug can be fixed but.. if you have an Story or an Improvement do you still mark this task as Fixed even if you were not fixing anything (only improving)?
Done covers more cases than Fixed. I personally using Fixed if something is broken and need to be fixed. For other cases I have Completed, Done, Answered, .. and other resolutions that are saying a little bit more about the problem..
Regards,
Mirek
How do you "When you create projects directly in GH" is this a new feature of Agile? I think someone on my team must have done this and it triggered the creation of the "Done" resolution that we never wanted. We want to get rid of it but it sounds like it will come back of we "Create Projects directly in Agile" but I don't know what that means because all our projects are created the old fasion way Can you explain what it means to create project "using" Agile/Greenhopper?
Done----> When any improvement or task is completed then we use done.
Fixed----> When any bug is resolved by developer then we use fixed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.