How seamlessly do these platforms communicate? Also, if I have a Jira Software license, do I have access to Jira Core?
Hi @[deleted]
Jira Software is another application on top of Jira Core. So you always have Jira Core if you have license of Jira Software.
Ravi
They're very close. Jira Software is an application that runs on top of Core, so they're as tightly integrated as you can get. Core provides users, projects, workflow, plugin framework, issues, fields, etc, Software then adds functions on top of that - primarily boards, but also certain fields.
A Jira Software licence gives you access to Core in the sense that you can use all that "infrastructure" mentioned, as you need it all to run Software projects. It also gives you access to Software type projects (but not the "Business" types that are in Core)
A Jira software license includes a core license. You can create Business type projects even if you only have a software (or even only have a service desk) license.
Yes, sorry, I got that wrong. I keep forgetting that bit.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.