I've added
jira.permission.comment.denied=true
to the closed status on the workflow according to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/how-can-i-disable-comment-from-closed-issues-for-Jira-7-10/qaq-p/1017551 but customers are still able to comment on the issues. Does anyone have a working solution for this on Jira 8.x and JSD 4.3.x? Thanks!
The property:
jira.issue.editable=false
worked.
Hi,
I just tested this out on my Jira. And it worked perfectly. On status "Closed" add property:
The property looks like this:
I followed the link and maybe that property doesn't work.
See this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-deactivate-comments-for-closed-issues-648217599.html?_ga=2.140725362.1789039137.1568638276-593356607.1541103302
Add the property jira.permission.comment.user and make the property value false
Hope that helps
Susan
Edit: This works.
I tested trying to add a comment both from Jira and from the portal. In both cases the comment option was not available
Works now on mine too.
Remember to Publish your workflow after you've changed the properties. The change doesn't come into effect until then and it caught me out when I tested it.
For the Cloud version I used a Property Key of jira.permission.comment.user and a Property Value of false and was successful (once I'd published the change)
Would anybody know a way to still allow internal comments, but block public comments on an issue once it's closed?
jira.permission.comment.user and a Property Value of false worked for me, but internal comments would be nice to still add.
(If anybody knows another discussion about this, please let me know!)
Thanks in advance
Hey, did you resolve your issue? How to allow making only internal comments in closed issues?
That flag disables issue editing but still allows commenting.
Sorry to necro, but a warning when using this.
If you add the jira.permission.comment.user property in this way, and a user attempts to respond to an emailed notification of the Closed/Resolved issue via an email reply, JSM will open a NEW issue with that email thread instead of add a comment to the old issue.
I also need this features. Is there any solution?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.