Hello all,
My goal is to let users that are either participants, watchers, or assignee of a ticket be given the Browse Project permission but limit them to only the tickets they belong to.
When I tried to give Browse Project permissions to groups outside our IT (Service Desk Team), they were able to view ALL tickets and information inside. Since we have tickets that have confidential data or sensitive data we cannot allow that. Still, not being able to provide Browse Project permissions to certain tickets, it makes it hard to collaborate with other people/projects.
I tried setting up issue-level security by following the guide below but it blocked all Service Desk Team from being able to view the tickets at all. I am not sure what I did wrong, so if you guys had any tips on how to set this up correctly. Please let me know.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-limit-user-to-only-browse-issues-assigned-to-or-reported-by-them-779160753.html
Thank you!