I have a space where I want any user to perform page creation, editing, deletion.
Is there a way to grant this using the security matrix without granting the Admin right?
It worked using the jira-users group and setting the page restriction to - No Restrictions (this should be inherited by child pages by default)
Hi @Claudiu Andrei ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Yes, you can give a user/group permission to add/edit/delete pages in a space without giving them Admin permissions. Confluence have three different levels of permissions and you can learn more about them here, Permissions and Restrictions
Good read. I'll have to set the Pages - ADD checked. And if not working change the Page level restriction to No Restrictions. If this does not work it might be something Global. I will come back with a reply later.
When setting the Annonymous -> Pages -> Add to checked I get the wanted behaviour.
I want the same behaviour, but only for logged in users, and even after reading all of the Permissions and Restrictions documentation I did not manage to achieve this. Maybe there is a "logged in users" group out of the box of which I don't know about. (with confluence-users it did not have the same result).
@F99remen Is the group that gives logged in users access to Confluence listed under Space permissions? The default group is confluence-users, and you can either set the default space permission to grant them add/delete pages etc, and when a new space is created it will use this default setting. You can also change this for each space under Space Permission on each individual one.
Okay, if it worked with jira-users then my guess is that jira-users is the group that gives you access to Confluence too. You can check under Global permissions which group is used for Confluence access.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.