Hello,
Our system environment is that we have the following JIRA products (self-Served):
- JIRA Service Desk REST API
- JIRA Software 7.0.4
- JIRA Core 7.0.4
Server name: https://itselfservice.vnsny.org
We also have the URL for the 'JIRA Service Desk REST API Reference (JIRA Service Desk 4.3.3)' and we would like to be able to make API call using Linux Curl command in order to be able to get as an example the organizations for our JIRA server. As per JIRA service Desk Rest API document we have the following statement:
GET /rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/{serviceDeskId}/organization
Therefore, I used the following curl command:
curl -u User.Name@ipsoft.com:SecretPass http://itselfservice.vnsny.org/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/{serviceDeskId}/organization
But when I ran the above command the Linux machine just returned back to the terminal cursor and that there were no outputs or errors (just the Carriage-Return). I am not sure what should exactly have happened. The API document also stated that:
"application/jsonReturns the requested organizations" so would that mean I should have gotten a Json file returned? Please advise and if possible provide us with an API call (using curl command) example. It would be very much Appreciated.
Best Regards,
Rooz Adhami
IPsoft Inc.