I need to hide "Edit" button, but I want our users were able to edit rolling over the field itself. I just don't want them to go via Edit button instead of going through Workflow transitions.
Remove the fields you don't want them to edit from the "edit" screen.
I really would like to hide the Edit button, and let users edit rolling over the fields. I WANT them to edit, but via rolling over ONLY. I don't want to hide anything else. Is it possible?
Ah, sorry, I misread it.
There's no point hiding the edit button if you want to allow people to edit issues via the fields, there's no difference between editing in the issue view and editing in the edit screen. If they can edit in the issue view, then they don't need to bother with the transitions.
You'd need to hack in some javascript or code code change which would just annoy your users, especially those who come from a background where they've used Jira before.
Thank you Nic. I think i just leave everything as is for now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.