Hi, How do I configure which fields are copied from parent to subtickets? I would like to add 2 fields to be automatically copied from the parent information when ticket is created to the subtickets when created.
Hi @Sharon Koren ,
You can try some plugins to implement this feature, such as the JMWE app.
You need to use the 3rd party app for coping some of the field values from parent ticket to sub-task ticket. By using Clone Plus for Jira app you can do this. You can go through the documentation page for complete information.
Regards,Kishore Kumar Gangavath.
Hi Ollie, thanks for the quick reply. I have the Automation for jira add on. Do you mean that?
I used another plugin in the screenshot above. If you are using Automation for Jira, you should be able to do this also.
https://docs.automationforjira.com/getting-started/common-use-cases.html#synchronizing-parent-and-sub-tasks
Another app you can try is Elements Copy & Sync, which lets you set up Operations where creating a sub-task copies certain fields (that you can specify).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.