Good afternoon,
I am trying to keep a small group of users from viewing any issues in a project that are not assigned to them or reported by them. In addition to that level of security, I also would like to keep that same group of users from viewing any other project the group is not assigned a role on.
So far I have done the following...
1. I placed these 4 users in a user group named affiliate-group.
2. I took the users in the affiliate-group out of our general "application access" group. That group is named jira-users. I gave the affiliate-group application access of its own. (I was hoping this would restrict their access so they could not look at any other project. This seems to have worked as I desired).
3. I added the affiliate-group to the project I want them to have access too. Giving them roles of developer and user. Items 2 and 3 seemed to limited them to only seeing this project successfully.
4. I created an issue security scheme that includes the jira-user group (but does not include the affiliate-group). My intention here is that the jira-user group could see all issues on the project and the affiliate-group could only see the ones that were assigned to them. This did not appear to work as I had thought. The affiliated-group is still able to see all the issues in the project.
So I have been successful in limiting the affiliate-group to only seeing the project they have a role assigned to them. However, I have not been successful in limiting them to not seeing issues not assigned to them or that they have reported, within the project they are assigned too.
Can some one help me with limiting this group of users to only see issues that are assigned to them or they are the reporter on?
Thank you,
JT