My task is to migrate the data from a Confluence cloud instance to an empty Confluence server instance.
I'm creating a backup from the cloud instance as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/create-a-site-backup-724765526.html
I download this file to my windows 10 laptop.
I've created a Ubuntu 18.04 server with docker and have the image cptactionhank/atlassian-confluence:6.12.2 up-and-running.
The cloud-export is first copied from my laptop to the Ubuntu server and than copied from the Ubuntu server into the docker container in /var/atlassian/confluence/restore
Then I open https://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8090 in my browser (chrome) and follow the steps to setup confluence (using a postgres 9.6 database).
I select the option to restore data.
I see the cloud-export in the list under "Restore a backup from the Confluence Home Directory", select it and press on "Restore".
After a few seconds The page is refreshed and I get the following error:
The following error(s) occurred:
As you can see although the error states the file exportDescriptor.properties is missing, it actually does exist in the file.
Unzipping on my win laptop or in Ubuntu also shows the file is existing!
What I noticed (might be unrelated) is that the modified timestamp of the files in the zip are in the future (2090-02-28 09:10).
I tried modifying owner and R/W attributes, etc. but nothing worked...
I also tried to unzip the file and zip it again (only exportDescriptor without other files and some other variants), but this didn't help either.
To rule out the fact that the file might be somehow corrupt, I re-created a new cloud-export. It had the exact same results :-(
In a previous testrun of this migration I didn't see this error, but I can't figure out what I did possibly do different or what might cause this issue this time...
I searched already this community and atlassian docs, but wasn't able to solve it yet.
- I have sufficient diskspace (both on the filesystem where the export is stored on the host as in the docker environment)
- The file does contain the file reported as missing
- (Initially) the file was not modified between cloud export and server restore process (except downloaded from cloud instance and copied to Ubuntu server where Confluence server is running (in docker).
After 2 days troubleshooting I'm out of options. I'm hoping someone give some clues to solve this issue...