We have an office365 email account setup for support@domain.com which all our customers currently email.
Each client we have will need to be setup as their own project (managed services), but to keep everything simple for our clients, we want to allow them to still email the support@domain.com account to lodge tickets (aswell as submitting via the portal).
Now as all our customers are setup in their own projects, we cant link support@domain.com to all the projects. The solution I think will work is to setup redirects via outlook webapp for the support@domain.com so that each clients domain will be redirect to the appropriate project for ticket creation. E.g The customer Acme (@acme.com) has a rule setup on the support@domain.com account to redirect all its mail to the Acme@company.atlassian.net channel for the associated project in JSD.
The result I want is that the ticket will be created in the desired project and JSD will recognize the sender as the original sender.
The result I am getting is that all the redirected emails are not feeding into the system, they seem to be getting filtered out. Even though I have added our Companies domain in the whitelist of the global mail settings.
Please note: Due to functionality limitations of the next-gen projects, we are using the legacy projects.
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer on this problem we are experiencing.