How does the moving of Epics and stories on one board impact those stories on another board in the same project?
I am looking for documentation on this. If you can answer it, great but even better if you can point to any type of documentation.
Hi Charles,
by "moving on a board" I guess you mean you transition them to a different status? Or are you talking about the general ranking of issues in the backlog? Issues have an internal global ID so moving issues in the backlog will affect the order of issues in other backlogs as well when "ordering by rank" is enabled. Of course you will only notice this if you have the same issues in multiple backlogs.
The ID will be changed in relation to their position. I guess it will be the same with the order of Epics in the side panel but I'd have to check.
Best, Max
Charles,
Boards are driven by filters. A backlog is a different issue all together which you can say is a collection of task, but not Epics.
Victor
Hi Victor, Thanks for the reply. Yes I understand that but if you have multiple boards (filters) tied to one project and someone moves (changes priority) on one board does that impact the order on the other boards?
that's exactly what I was wondering. Thank you!
You're welcome Charles and happy ranking! 😁
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.