Hi,
I got an interesting requirement from one of our customers to build some sort of a booking system in Jira (servicedesk).
The user will have to be able to create a request on what location, day, time and duration he/she would like to reserve a parking spot. The system replies with a confirmation that the spot is reserved for him/her, or declines if all parking spots are taken. So an automated check has to be performed to see if we have a spot left.
It is not neccessary to see in advance if a spot is available.
I'm wondering if anyone has an idea on how this could be achieved using standard jira functionality, existing plugins, other tools linked to Jira.
I know jira is not meant to do stuff like this but my guess is that it should be possible to hack something together with (probably multiple) existing plugins.
Regards
Dave