I'm in the process on configuring Jira Service Desk for ITSM tasks and coming across the 3 Email configuration screens, Email requests being Project centric it would appear, how are others setting this up?
I am assuming for Outgoing Mail we want to use the same address as Email requests so any reply would route to the Project, but what is Incoming Mail?
Is it more of a Global setting so you don't have to define an Email request address?
What I want to do is allow customers to Email an address and a ticket be created and a reply sent that it was received and then be able to update the ticket and receive additional replies on it.
This all looks to work just configuring Outgoing Mail and Email requests but should I be using Incoming Mail instead if I'm only hosting a single Project or want all Projects to use a single Email address?
Thanks