What plug-ins does jira software typically use to link to external databases?And the implementation of data insertion, extraction
There 2-3 parts to your question,
Hi, now that I have jira installed, how do I configure it if I want to use groovy script to read and write to an external database
@haiyanerTo use Groovy Scripts in Jira you will need plugin called`ScriptRunner` - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
ScriptRunner provide you with recipes to connect with external database and use its data in Jira - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/misc/connecting-to-databases.html
You can also watch this video - https://youtu.be/qNEdQeY-fMA
@haiyaner, do you need to populate custom fields in Jira with data from external sources, like SQL databases, LDAPs, or REST APIs?
I work for Elements, and our app Elements Connect might be what you are looking for. You can see examples of how Connect links Jira to external databases on the demo portal.
Let me know if you have any questions.
thanks ,i'll try it
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.