Strange thing :
I'm on a new Windows installation, working with openSSH, git for windows, vscode, sourcetree and tortoisegit.
I set all git-related tools to use openSSH manager, created a new key pair and uploaded the public key to my bitbucket account.
When I create a new repository and clone it to my computer, no problem. However, when pushing to the respository I get this error :
Unauthorized
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
I checked the SSH key in my account and it isn't there anymore ! When I try to add it again, I get
Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.,
so not possible to add the key. Yet, I can still clone and fetch using SSH, so it seems the key is accepted.
I know the easiest things is probably to just create a new key pair, but this is too strange to me not to mention it. Seems like a security issue. Right now, there's no key defined in my account but it is still possible to clone the repository over SSH ?
I tried the same thing with a purpose-created gitlab account and the same SSH key, and there everything works fine.
For reference, "ssh -T hg@bitbucket.org" returns
authenticated via a deploy key.
You can use git or hg to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled.
This deploy key has read access to the following repositories:
svdvk/dockertest
bruyland/csv-transformer