Can someone help me figure out what to do? Reinstalling software didnt work. I had no success in asking the community.
I think this is a follow-on to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-wont-startup-after-entering-url-http-localhost-8080-secure/qaq-p/1130121 which looks to me like the database is corrupted.
You need to start again with a clean installation and an empty database. Once you have that running, you should be able to restore from a backup from before the corruption.
Do you get an error message when starting up Jira? Have you checked the Jira logs to see if an error is reported?
Can someone tell me how to clean the installation and empty the DB so I can start fresh?
In the past before i installed windows 10 everything worked fine. After installing windows 10 JIRA doesnt work anymore.
To start clean, just install a new copy of Jira.
"Cleaning the installation" is as simple as removing the two directories that contain the Jira system and data, although then you also probably need to waste a load of time removing crud from the hideous mess that is the "windows registry" as well to do it "properly" (people on good operating systems only have to locate and remove a single clearly named startup file if they've created one)
Hi Nic,
Many thanks for the help. That was what i needed. I managed to clean everything properly and get going again. Many thanks.
Andrew
I tried looking at the error logs and sharing them but they were long and cumbersome. Thanks for the idea though. Its very logical
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.