In my confluence page, I have server patch date which will be done monthly. I'd like to make the date from confluence page to automatically updated when the server is being patched.
HelloIt sounds as you need to integrate an independent server and page into confluence)
However, you can look at such solutions:1) Plugin for asset management, for example, https://www.riada.se/. However, if you do not need anything else, then this will be an expensive solution.2) Write a server-side script that updates the confluence page by logging in as a technical user who has access to this page only3) To do the task of updating the server in Jira, and to show in confluence the date of the task done. You can close the task in the Jira manually or with the help of a customized job in your CI/CD or server tools
for method no2 and 3, do I need to use macros to write the script? if yes, which macros should I use?
Sorry, you need a script outside of Confluence, which would send this data to a page, for example, on Python, JS
For no3, maybe you can use some cron job in your Jenkins or something else
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.