JIRA creates backups (for example:) in the directory C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\export. Are these backups necessary or when can I delete these backups?
Hello,
You would need these backups, if you want to restore your Jira. It is up to you, if you want to store the backups or not. But if you delete the backups, you will not be able to restore you Jira. It is a good thing to keep a couple of these backups to be able to restore your Jira. But you definitely do not need all the files.
Indeed. Just delete them when you don't need them. Most of us keep a couple just in case we do need to roll back, but generally you don't need more than a couple.
we use a Batch file to delete backups older than 30 days so we don't have do do it manually
Yes, that's how I'd do it on windows. But you might have a "log rotate" function you could use as well (that's what I reach for on Unix-like systems)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.