Hi Jira Service Desk gurus,
I've spent the past hour trying to edit the fields on our Service Desk requests to no avail.
When I'm in the project settings and click "Edit fields" on the request type, I get the following notification

(Thanks for the info Jira, but I don't want to delete anything, I want to edit... *eye-roll*)
What I've tried so far
Custom Fields:
- I happened to know that a number of the fields were custom, so I headed over to the Custom Fields section in the Issues administration. I found one of the fields there and edited it, but the edit doesn't update in the Service Portal after refreshing (or CTRL+F5).
- I found out a while ago that cookies can prevent a new project avatar from updating in Jira, so I figured that might be the problem here. I deleted my browsing history, cookies, etc. and it's still not updating the text.
The field is being used by the service desk project in question, so I really don't understand what's going on here. What's more is I need to change the descriptions for standard fields as well (Summary, etc.).
Multiple projects
- Discovered that this particular field mentioned above was being used by only one project (which isn't the Service Portal one I want to update).
- The project that uses this field is the default configuration that five different projects are based on, including the Service Portal one I want to update!
- The field name and description have updated in the Screens section of the Issue administration
- I headed over to the project itself and thought I might have to edit the field in its project configuration. Didn't work - I can change all of the fields for each request type, except for one!
Additional info:
- The request type I wish to edit is grouped. The group is locked, which I think may have something to do with me not being able to edit it, however, I am able to edit all other request types that are in the same group. The only difference between this and the others is that it has a different Issue Type. Could that be the underlying problem here?
- I don't want to delete any fields, I know this can be done by editing the screens.
Please help! I have a deadline to complete a Service Desk manual for our customers by the end of the week, and I need to edit these fields for screenshots (it's either that, or a work around with paint!) as they are full of grammatical and linguistic mistakes.
Thanks in advance! 