I stumbled upon "Advanced Roadmap Features" but I can't figure out a way to enable them in Jira. I already have next-gen projects and am using roadmaps, but I can't find how to enable the features outlined in the article below (for example creating and visualizing dependencies)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/premium-roadmap-features-968680505.html
I believe those features are part of Jira Software Premium, which is still in Early Access only, but you can join a waitlist here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/premium
@Sharon Helmsis correct you need to join wait-list to get these features.
Thanks @Sharon Helms and @DPKJ !
Is that a joke?Premium which costs twice as much gets you roadmaps and 99.9% uptime?
A feature that's already available and up time.....pay twice as much and it'll work.
@Piers MacDonaldIt also provide you with,
But still if you feel like it is too much, look at marketplace plugins that provide roadmaps and use normal Jira along with it.
Will advanced roadmaps work with NextGen projects?
And I don't see a waitlist for advanced roadmap access once I sign up.Where do I sign up for early access?
@Greg Jankowski Advanced Roadmaps is coming soon as part of Jira Software Premium. It's on our near-term roadmap. Out the outset it will only support Jira Software classic projects, but we are looking at how we can support next-gen in the future.
@Josh Frank Thanks for the reply.
Really unfortunate that this feature is not for Next-Gen.
When is "near-term roadmap"? In which time-frame should it be available?
Context: I'm setting up a new client on Cloud and Portfolio is no-longer available. So we're left with NO option if we need a Cloud instance.
@MaxI can't comment on the exact date, but we expect Advanced Roadmaps to be available in the next couple weeks. Thanks for being patient with us as we get a much improved experience live for y'all!
"next couple weeks" is good enough. Thanks Josh. -- Can I bribe the PO to get it up the backlog?
Hmm...so advanced roadmaps won't work on Next-Gen projects? Why is it even called Next-Gen if we're adding "advanced" roadmap features to legacy/classic projects?! I just spent the time and effort to get everyone moved over to next-gen because it was supposedly the future. Appreciate it if you guys can clearly articulate the strategy & vision for your own product lines. It's VERY frustrating to try and figure out which one of your products is the flavor of the month. @Josh Frank Is Adv Roadmaps Next-Gen a 2020 feature? Or 2021?
@Mikko BaduaThanks for the feedback and sorry for any confusion. One thing to clarify is that classic projects is not a legacy project type. Next-gen is great for team autonomy and ease of use whereas classic is great for managing scale and additional control. Given Advanced Roadmaps is all about helping teams collaborate across multiple projects and teams, in some ways it's a more natural fit for classic projects to start with. That said, we are exploring how Advanced Roadmaps can support next-gen projects as well (although we can't comment on a specific timeline at this point).
There is no roadmap whatsoever in the Jira Software classic projects currently, correct? I can only find it in my Next Gen projects.
If it is called "advanced" I am assuming there is "basic" for Software classic? Where can I enable roadmaps if there is a basic one for classic projects?
Hi @Elvin Badalov You're correct that currently the basic roadmap is only available on next-gen projects. We have that same roadmap coming to classic projects in the next couple months (although we can't comment on the exact date when that will come).
@Josh Frank to clarify, Advanced Roadmap is arriving sooner than the basic in Classic Projects, correct? Because you indicated it was coming in the next couple weeks above. Thank you.
@Elvin Badalov Yes that's correct. Join us on this webinar if you want a demo of everything and we'll be answering live q&a as well.
@Josh Frank thanks, but I cannot register for the webinar. It says "error on the server" or something like that. Is there a direct link I can add to my calendar? I am interested in the May 21 at 1PM session.
@Elvin Badalov I just tried on my side and it seems like it's working. Can you refresh and try again? If it doesn't work, can you email me a screenshot at jfrank@atlassian.com? Thank you
Hi @Josh Frank , I appreciate the candor here. I will say, though, that it is infuriating. Having adopted Next Gen for multiple teams now, we simply want to aggregate our roadmaps into one cohesive view. Since it is the product that actually offers a roadmap view, I read "advanced roadmaps for multiple projects in a few weeks" and thought, great. Now digging deeper, that has been dashed and I'm struggling to understand it.
@Curtis VanderGriendt Thanks for the feedback. And sorry we haven't met your expectations on this one. We'll be considering this feedback as we make future prioritization decisions.
Great to see the latest portfolio for server features are now being directly built into the Cloud version. My sentiments are like most here though; Next-gen project support should really be the focus of any new features. Calling projects "classic", indicates that it is the old way, and won't be getting the same level of support anymore. We have also migrated majority of our team based projects to next-gen as they are easier to use, and we never had a huge requirement for workflows (though I do see that's coming soon too, and already available in the next-gen Service Desk projects).
What about already planned roadmaps? Are they not available anymore? Where to get these planned epcis, stories etc.??
It's available now in Jira Software Premium, for classic projects:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Introducing-Advanced-Roadmaps/ba-p/1378497
Hi @Josh Frank , same here. We just switched to next-gen for the roadmap feature.
I would also like to express how confused and annoyed I am that "next-gen" projects are not necessarily receiving all new features. I think it was a really poor decision to use this nomenclature because as a user, I do not understand how I am supposed to infer from the terms "next-gen" vs "classic" that one is simplistic feature set while the other is a complex feature set. This is absolutely not clear from this and it is causing us to recreate multiple projects just so we can take advantage of advanced roadmaps. None of this work was necessary if the understanding of what features are scoped for a simple project vs a complex one.
@Josh Frank While trying to understand how to enable Advanced Roadmaps in Jira, I have come so far up to this in the thread:) A few suggestions, I strongly recommend that this is part of the standard package or at least you allow us to 'add' this with a minimal fee. If you look at it, At the moment, there are many alternatives for roadmaps in the market and Atlasean is loosing a lot of potential customers(and therefore, money) for the competitors. On the other hand, as users, we have to look for alternatives. You can't think of a greater product without cross-team Roadmaps. Is there anyway, we can enable advanced Roadmaps for Classic Projects? or, at least a way around to create "Initiatives' and define the Parent-Child Hierarchy between Initiatives and Epics so that I can create child issues from an initiative? Appreciate your attention on this.
Agreed, I should have been Jira Advanced vs Jira Simple not Jira Classic vs Jira Next Gen. we have been trough the whole migration process to next-gen as well..
This is so frustrating. I just want to be able to give my board a date when next gen will be supported in Advanced Roadmaps. I have the funding to go Adv Roadmaps but no-one can tell me when it will support next gen projects???
I second this 100%. I'm only now realizing that next-gen is actually just a simple project and that I should've chosen a classic project to get more functionality. That wasn't clear to me beforehand.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.