So I'm setting up some automation rules in JSD and one thing that would be particularly useful for our service desk is for date fields to be updated with relative values.
A specific example of something I'm trying to create: I want public comments added to a ticket to update our "customer updated" date field to the current time. I can get as far as updating this field with a new value, but the options only seem to allow for me to update a date field with a predefined date/time. I've tried a number of obvious solutions (such as entering "now" or "now()" in the field), but it doesn't seem to accept anything but an exact date/time value.
Any suggestions? I've tried out some plugins for automation to resolve this but nothing has been specifically geared towards service desk functionality, so I haven't found anything that caters for my requirements (for example, none of them recognise the difference between internal/public comments on a ticket).
Thanks in advance.