I'm getting this error when starting Jira that Tomcat is misconfigured and that the server.xml file is missing parameters needed by Jira to handle requests that contain special characters.
It pops us a message that includes the following URL on how to troubleshoot the issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/changing-server-xml-to-handle-requests-with-special-characters-958453799.html
I'm supposed to follow these steps to fix the issue:
Solution
- Go to
<Jira-installation-directory>/conf, and edit the server.xml file. - Find all connectors your application is using. Just search for Connector in the file, or look at the example below. You're interested only in connectors whose protocol is set to HTTP and HTTPS (not AJP).
Add <span>relaxedPathChars="[]|" </span>relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>" to the connector properties in server.xml. For example:
<Connector port="8080" relaxedPathChars="[]|" rela
I used the config.bat to change the settings to use only https and this is how my connector looks like:
<Connector SSLEnabled="true" acceptCount="100" clientAuth="false" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" keyAlias="te-50a7704f-9b69-4627-b12a-0c2c87a6c70f" keystoreFile="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\lib\security\cacerts" keystorePass="changeit" keystoreType="JKS" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxSpareThreads="75" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" scheme="https" secure="true" sslProtocol="TLS" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/></Service>
What am I missing?