Hello,
I'm dealing with an instance which has a big database of issues. In order to improve performance, indexing, etc., I would like to archive issues that were last updated the earliest 2 years ago.
After running a simple jql for that: Updated <= startOfMonth(-24) and statusCategory = Done ORDER BY updated DESC , I'm left with more than 700k issues which will have to be archived. (Deleting is not an option sadly as the company wants to have the possibility of reactivating some of the issues if necessary)
Currently I'm looking into a way of doing this with Jira Automation plugin or Scriptrunner, in order to also create an automation rule for future usage and I'm not feeling so lucky just yet. Sadly for scriptrunner I don't have the coding experience and didn't find any script already used by someone.
The other option is exporting all those issues to a separate jira instance which will be used only for archiving, but I would like to leave that as a 2nd option and first focus on the possibility of archiving in the current instance.
Did anyone have an experience with something like this? If yes, how did you deal with it (if you can provide the solution)?
I would appreciate any help if possible.
Thank you!