Hello,
I have CentOS minimal running and wondered if Confluence can be installed on it? I can can't find the instructions to install via command line.
Anyone tried this and can share the commands to get started?
Thanks
Dear @Andy
yes, you can. You can follow my article that was written for Jira Software. You have just to note following:
If you plan to use MySQL instead of postgesql, read my former article.
So long
Thomas
Try these instructions. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-confluence-on-linux-143556824.html
I have always installed via the command line (using Putty/SSH). The only issue you will have is SELinux where you will have to open up ports before you can access your server via the command line (and sub the server IP address for the loopback).
Thanks. The part I don’t know how to do is if I’m using the command line version of Linux only, how do I download the file and execute (from shell)?
Most of the instructions assume I have a browser. I’m using CentOS Minimal.
Dear @Andy ,
all the files can be pulled by wget or curl command. Figure out the links with the browser (and copy&paste) or see my article links to the binaries and just adapt the version to a newer.
Go to the archives page (makes it easier to select the exact version and flavor you want:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives
Then right-click on the download button and save URL/Link to get the URL for the flavor you want:
For the latest Linux installer, the URL is:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/binary/atlassian-confluence-6.6.15-x64.bin
Next can then select a location on your server to download the binary to and issue the wget command:
wget https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/binary/atlassian-confluence-6.6.15-x64.bin
Then follow the rest of the instructions here: installing-confluence-on-linux - Run the installer.
I've install CentOS in VMware and instlled Confluence. The server is on 192.168.189.142 which I can ping from my PC, but I the web site doesn't work on http://192.168.189.142:8090. If I try and telnet to that IP on 8090 it doesn't open either.
Any ideas?
Installation of Confluence 6.6.15 is completeYour installation of Confluence 6.6.15 is now ready and can be accessed viayour browser.Confluence 6.6.15 can be accessed at http://localhost:8090Finishing installation ...[root@localhost ~]#[root@localhost ~]#[root@localhost ~]# ip addr1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lovalid_lft forever preferred_lft foreverinet6 ::1/128 scope hostvalid_lft forever preferred_lft forever2: ens33: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000link/ether 00:0c:29:be:5b:8a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ffinet 192.168.189.142/24 brd 192.168.189.255 scope global noprefixroute dynamic ens33valid_lft 1268sec preferred_lft 1268secinet6 fe80::bdae:7010:500e:dea3/64 scope link noprefixroutevalid_lft forever preferred_lft forever[root@localhost ~]#
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.