I am new to JIRA service desk. I need the project admin to receive issue created email notifications. I have setup the default notification scheme how I want it and the admin is set as the project lead however I am not receiving any email notifications when a new issue is created by a customer. I may be missing something so any advice would be greatly received. Thanks
Hi ,
Notification schemes will be coming to next gen, don't worry.
Until then you can easily set an automation rule to do the same for you.
Here is an example
Let me know if it works for you.
Cheers,Radu
Hi @Liam Bailey ,
Useful links
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-email-notifications-776636790.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html
B.R.
Thank you for your response however I am using the next-gen service desk and after some research i've found that most of the options in the guides you referenced are not available for next-gen service desk.
All I need is to be notified via email when an issue is raised - surely this is possible?
Please help!
Hi Liam,
While reviewing this rules I realised there is also a caveat in that you have to maintain the user list in the automation setting.
If you have a low amount of agents it's not going to be difficult, however if you have a large group of people that need to be notified it's going to be harder.
Cheers,
Radu
Hi @Radu unfortunately this is not going to work if you have more than one agent following the same project and you automatically set the assignee based on the component when a request comes in.
Any way I can make the default assignee being notified when an issue is created for their component?
Never mind, the email came in but it took more than 5 minutes...
Has this matter been resolved? I do not receive alerts when an issue is created despite going through the steps mentioned above and really need to receive an email if a customer creates a ticket.
Hi @jus fun
This should be working at the moment, are you having difficulties?
Did the email arrive later?
What project type are you using?
How did you test this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.