I would like to start using the Jira Service Desk without using the portal for customers at first. How can I turn off this functionality?
Thanks!
If you make them Agents, they will see the Agent interface.
With JSD you have three options for you customers to create issues: portal, email, and widget. In addition to being able to create issues the portal allows the customer to view, monitor and manage their issues. The other two allow them to create issues only. I if you don’t want to use the portal for you customers you have the other options.
Can I know why do you need that? Sounds a bit limiting...
As of now it is not possible. You can remove all request types from service desk settings except e-mail, but portal will still be available for customers (blank portal without any request types)
Like Jack said, you have the 3 options. If you dont want to use the portal, you cant turn it off but you would enable one (or both) of the other options and you wouldn't share the link to the portal. That would require you to edit the email notifications to make sure the "View Request" link is not apart of it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.