Hello,
I am completely new to JIRA service desk and its philosophy for email request management and I would like to understand the best way to categorize an incoming email depending on a regex of the summary/description.
Let's say I have a common support@mycompany.com email address for several products I sell. For an incoming email, I would like to categorize it depending if it is about productA or productB and then 'cc' the corresponding support team.
We were previously using spiceworks hosted on our servers and I had the possibility to automatically add in cc a given list of people if I detected 'productA' in the email sent by the customer. What would be the best way to do so in JIRA ?
I found my way around 'Incoming Email' section to connect the common support address to my JIRA account. However I do not understand how to categorize the incoming emails. Should I use email processors ? handlers ? Also should I have a project per product ? I also saw email request types, issue types, workflows, queues ... how should I use them to separate the request for each products?
Many possibilities and I really don't understand which one should be used in my case...
Thank you in advance for your kind help !