Sometime in roughly the last 12 hours, something seems to have changed in how user names are being handled in several places in BitBucket Cloud.
Multiple places are listing "Unknown user xxxxx" instead of the user name. I see this in the list of users in a group, in the member of a team, in the user list of "user and group access" of a private repository.
Others have reported the problem in pull requests.
See: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/19127/pull-request-not-showing-username
Images:
Same here
+1, i have the same issue in bitbucket commits oveview. Commit author names now are: unknown user xxx
+1
Same, all users in my repository became Unknown user.
same here
Same here, for all repositories, "Unknown user"
Even for me it's showing......I'm feeling suspicious
same here..
I have exactly the same problem
It is rectified now....Thanks Atlassian.
Atalassian just fixed the problem:
https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com/incidents/sj83qrmc8fzj
At least for me, I see user names as expected again.
Can anyone let us know how this happened
Yes, everything is ok now
Hello - This same issue just occured on my repo.
I am also getting this issue. All users at my company are now "unknown users".
Yep same for me.
any idea if atlassian is already aware of this issue?
Not sure, i cant create branches/merge either.
Also experiencing this issue. Looking for a fix asap as we need to deploy today
yes I'm getting this issue.
Yes it would seem Bitbucket is aware of this as its mentioned in the overall status page https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com/
Looks like it might be fixed now
Facing same error again. anyone ?
It seems this issue keeps recurring.
https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com
reports
Past Incidents
Aug 9, 2019
Display Name are displaying User-##### instead of usernames
Resolved - This incident has been resolved. Aug 9, 06:53 UTC
Investigating - We are currently investigating this issue and will provide further update soon. Aug 9, 06:30 UTC
See: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/19250/all-user-become-unknown-user-please-asap
It's too bad that only the issue tracker is public, but not some indication of the code changes causing this recurring bug or the bug fix patches.
I am also getting for 2 USERS
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.