Hi, I'm trying to create a issue with my custom field. request `https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{myCloudID}/rest/api/3/issue.`
Error response:
"Field 'customfield_10101' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
How can I create a custom field for the issue? Do I need to add a field to the screen and how to do it? I really need your help.
Hello,
You need to add the field to the create screen for the issue type, an issue of which you are trying to create. To add a custom field to a screen ,go to the Project Settings -> Screens. Find the Create screen for the required issue type and add the custom field.
@Alexey Matveev , how can i do it programmatically using rest Api Jira Cloud Platform?
I have not found public rest api to add a field to a screen. You can try to find web calls, which are made to Jira Cloud and imitate them.
If you want to see yourself all available Rest Api methods, you can find them here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/
I hit the same wall... I found that you need to pass a json object as the value of your custom field with one of these syntax:
```
customfield_xxx={id: THE_ID}or
customfield_xxx={value: THE_VAL}
Just pull available custom fields for your jira project using:https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-fields/#api-rest-api-3-field-getIt works for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.