I'm looking for a way to set different default values for a "Message Custom Field (for edit)" custom field on the issue creation form screen, depending on the issue type that was selected.
If I needed to change the field value in any other stage, it would not be a problem, since I could just write a ScriptRunner script in a post function on one of the transitions.
I also tried utilizing contexts for the custom field, but apparently you can only have one context per project on Jira, which has been a bug since 2005 that Atlassian is not planning on fixing.
I read some threads on initialization behaviors, but none of the solutions seem to work.
I am just looking for a way to accomplish this task without having to create multiple custom fields for different messages, as I would have to create one for each issue type, and this particular project has around 10 issue types.
UPDATE: So, I got the Behaviour scripts to work for changing default values of custom fields based upon issue types, however, it will not render the HTML of a "Message Custom Field (for edit)" custom field when I update the value. If I change the default value of a single line text field, though, for example, it displays and updates fine on the issue create form.