Hi There,
I'd like to clone the contents of one bitbucket project to another project. Is this feature available at this stage? Please let me know.
Regards,
Carthik
Hello @Carthik Annayan,
Before I answer your question I'd want to confirm I understood it correctly.
Do you mean cloning contents of a single repository or a project, which is essentially a group of repositories? Just wondering whether you referenced a repository as a "project".
Cheers,Daniil
Hi Daniil,
I have many repositories in a single project. Precisely, I'd like to clone the contents of one project to another. Your understanding of my question seems to be partially correct. I wanted to clone the Contents of a "PROJECT" to a "NEW PROJECT" this should include all the repositories within the project.
You help and any quick response is much appreciated. Also, the bitbucket documentation is not very helpful to identify the API's to be used.
Hi @Carthik Annayan
Thanks for the clarification.
Unfortunately, there's no option of batch copying of all repositories within a project into another project as this use case doesn't look common. You can only copy repositories one by one. I can think of two options:
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your quick turn around. We have a list of projects and the structure is messed up. We like to use your API's/bash script to achieve the following
1. Create a Project using API
2. List the contents of an existing project using API/git command
3. Clone the repos one by one from the existing project using API/git command
4. Change the remotes for all the repos using API/git command
5. Push all the repo's to the new project using API/git command
Your help in this regard is much appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.