Hello,
I've upgrade our Jira 7.0 to Jira 8.2.2 as we have change our MySQL server to MySQL 5.7.The upgrade works fine, but when I go to Jira with my browser, I've got the following message :
"The database setup is not supporting utf8mb4"
I've tried differents thinks, I've change the collation of my database jira with this kb :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-fix-the-collation-and-character-set-of-a-mysql-database-744326173.html?_ga=2.156935803.1781786784.1562070999-664805077.1548173504
I've tried to change my dbconfig.xml with config.sh.I've resolved the bug with & (replace by &) on the dbconfig.xml as we are on ubuntu.My dbconfig.xml was made using this kb :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/startup-check-changing-your-mysql-connection-url-for-jira-874744240.html
I've made a lot of research, but all the solutions I've tested have failed.
So I want to know if someone has an idea or a think I can try.
Thank you in advance
Best regards
Hi,
Did you check also those KB articels?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/emojis-and-special-characters-for-jira-with-mysql-952604493.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/fishkb/migrate-mysql-database-to-utf8mb4-character-encoding-962356253.html
Hi Mirek,
Thanks for your answer.
I've made a change on my my.cnf, based on one of the KB :
On [mysqld]
character-set-server = utf8mb4init-connect = 'SET NAMES utf8mb4collation-server = utf8mb4_unicode_ci
On [mysql]
default-character-set = utf8mb4
It works, thank you very much !
Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.