An issue either exists or it doesn't, if it once did then it was deleted.
While it exists, it's intuitive (from past experience) to consider the issue either open (action needing to be taken on it) or closed (no more action to be taken on it). Did JIRA 7.0+ do away with the paradigm of issues being open vs. closed? Is the paradigm now the unresolved vs. resolved? i.e. all issues have a Resolution field, and that field is either set to Unresolved or set to one of the valid resolution options. Or does JIRA 7.0+ support both 1) open vs. closed, and 2) unresolved vs. resolved?
I ask this because...
I can't find documentation related to closing and reopening an issue.
I can't find functionality related to closing an issue then reopening it.
I do, however, see notification triggers related to issues being closed and issues being reopened that I can hook into. Are these notification hooks legacy from pre 7.0 and waiting to be removed? or am I missing where these closed and reopen functions are hiding?