So here is my situation:
I have been using a trial license for Confluence Cloud. I've convinced the powers that be in my company to buy a Server license so that we can locally host and administer our Confluence installation. I've gotten the Confluence installation installed and working correctly. I can log into the Confluence site through the IP address and Port established during installation. I can make Spaces, User accounts, etc.
Now I am trying to pull all the information down from the trial Confluence Cloud site into the locally hosted Confluence Server. I have exported the Cloud Site using the "Create Backup" tool as described in the links below. I have then taken that file and placed it in the .../Atlassian/Application Data/Confluence/restore/ directory and then performed a "Restore From Backup" on the Confluence Server. When the bar reaches the "Complete", I get automatically logged out of the Confluence Server. I've then gone in and reset the recovery password to regain access to the Confluence Server (after stopping the service and performing a manual restart).
I can now see that all the aesthetics have successfully pulled in from the restore. The Site Name has changed, the site colors and logos have all changed. However, none of the Spaces, attachments, or Users have successfully been restored. Am I missing something?
I've gone through the Support articles here:
Migrate from Confluence Cloud to Server
Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights