I added a new project, and needed to change the default workflow that it uses. I entered the administration screen, selected the project, and clicked on workflows. An error message showed: The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.. I thought it could perhaps be something about the new project, but trying it on other projects results in the same response. All other screens seem to work. I can also edit the workflow itself, by going directly to it via the Admin page. So it just seems to be an issue of assigning it to a project.
I did some searching, and came across this: http://quisapps.com/node/86
However, I do not have the JFS plugin installed as far as I can see.
Background about my installation: I set up a new onDemand account, and the imported the Jira setup I had from my previous server, so it could be some configuration mismatch between the two.