I'd like to set up a workflow for my circuit design team that looks like this:
Not Started -> Schematic Design -> Floorplanning -> Layout -> LVS Clean -> DRC Clean
My organization is hesitant to create custom statuses for any workflows, citing concerns about system-wide slowdowns if too many custom statuses are floating around. I'm not familiar enough with JIRA to know if that's true or not, but that's the policy.
I think that enabling Simplified Workflow for the boards on my team's projects would solve this issue, but I'm unclear on what happens behind the scenes if Simplified Workflow is enabled. I know that it would allow me as a project admin to create new statuses for my board, but do statuses added through Simplified Workflow get added to the list of global statuses? It seems like if they're only local to my project, and don't get added to the list of global statuses, our admins' concern over status proliferation wouldn't apply.
Thanks!