My team uses Structure.gantt, which doesn't have a great UX for viewing out-of-office (OOO) time for individual resources/people. I'm trying to find a workaround that will allow me to represent OOO time in the 'Gantt View' for each resource.
To represent OOO time in Structure.gantt, you have to set a person's capacity to 0% during the dates that they plan to be OOO. You do this by setting values in the "Available Date Start", "Available Date End", and "Capacity" fields in that view. The poor UX is that this is not visually represented in the gantt chart and leaves a blank space in the 'Resources' pane.
Instead, I would like to create a new issue type called "OOO" with fields like "OOO Start Date" and "OOO End Date". When this issue is created, I want to have Jira update the person's "Available Date Start" to the value entered in "OOO Start", "Available Date End" to the value entered in "OOO End" and then set their capacity to be 0% during that time.
Can Jira do that ?