Hi,
I would like to learn about components in Jira Server.
I am starting my journey with this feature, so I would like to ask you non-obvious questions to avoid potential errors.
A story:
I am having a visible project A for the whole organization. This project is a home for the issues I want to organize (let's say - all bugs that are being reported in my organization).
I want all reporters to assign the issues to the Components, but the components belong to the other projects (project B, C, D, E).
Questions:
- To make the Components visible for reporters should I give all the users from the project A permissions to create issues in the projects B, C, D, and E?
- Can I somehow merge the same component from two different projects? (let's say that 2 projects are sharing responsibilities over the same component)
- Can I somehow block assigning issues to more than one Component?
Do you have any interesting examples from your organization how to use Components in a smart way, to work with Jira more efficiently?
Thank you,
Maria