My team needs to create items that need to be linked to each other in a way that's easy to identify which one needs to be done first, next, and last.
I'm not sure if we're doing this correctly, but we mostly use stories and tasks at the moment.
I was thinking of going about this linking via 2 options:
1. Creating tasks and sub-tasks. I've seen limitations with sub-tasks years ago, but can't remember what it was exactly. I see that sub-tasks can't be assigned to epics, is there a reason? Would the sub-tasks be reported to whichever epic the higher level task is assigned?
2. Having stories/tasks block each other. I've tried this already and am confused as to this exactly does. I can mark blocked items as "Done," past the blocking item in my sprint board - is that typical? Would I have to create a workflow to disable this?
Any other alternatives? Main goal is for our team to quickly see the next step they need to take as it relates to our work