I have a Jira server I am testing which is delivered by tar.gz.
The server is running on CentOS 7, and when I run sudo netstat -tulnp I get
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 6064/sshd
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 6295/master
tcp6 0 0 127.0.0.1:8005 :::* LISTEN 29050/java
tcp6 0 0 :::8080 :::* LISTEN 29833/java
tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN 6064/sshd
tcp6 0 0 ::1:25 :::* LISTEN 6295/master
udp 0 0 127.0.0.1:323 0.0.0.0:* 5492/chronyd
udp6 0 0 ::1:323 :::* 5492/chronyd
I note that Jira is running as process 29050, and that this process is using tcp6
SO, if my assumption is correct, as my local network is not using ipv6, I would like to know how I can configure Jira to be backwards compatible with ipv4, ideally without installing an ipv4 -> ipv6 proxy.