As part of the process to upgrade our Jira Server (currently 7.1) to newer versions, I am trying to copy our production instance data to our test instance. I plan to test the upgrade process on the test instance before I dare do anything with our production instance.
Our test instance is a copy of the production instance from years ago, so much of the data and plugins on production do not exist in test.
I restored an sql backup of the production instance into the test instance database. When I try to start the test instance, I get log errors like this:
2019-05-28 14:25:56,014 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginInstalledHelper] Cannot determine required plugins, cannot resolve bundle 'com.appfusions.atlassian.google-plus-signin'
Based on that, I think, I need to copy the plugins in jira home/plugins/installed-plugins from production into test. Doing that does NOT fix the problem.
Since I don't need that particular plugin in test, I remove its associated *.jar file from the installed-plugins folder on test. Still see the same errors when I try to start jira.
I cleaned up the plugins/.bundled-plugins and plugins/.osgi-plugins, but that doesn't fix the problem.
I try to start jira with the disable-addons argument
/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/start-jira.sh --disable-addons=com.appfusions.atlassian.google-plus-signin:com.appfusions.googlesso.jira:com.appfusions.license-validator
..but that doesn't seem to have any effect (perhaps my version of Jira doesn't support those).
So it seems like the data in the database is requiring these plugins that can't be loaded, but it is not clear how I can startup jira to be able to disable those plugins within the database data.
Is there a better way to spin up a copy of my production instance for upgrade testing?