Installed Jira Software version 8.2.1 on CentOS 7.6.1810 with latest PostgreSQL. Ran the installer with sudo. Created jira:jira user/group. It was working until a reboot. Followed steps at below link to set it to auto start, but it doesn't work.
(Skipped steps 2,3,4 since it was alread installed.)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/starting-jira-automatically-on-linux-828796713.html
I only edited these 2 variable values accordingly.
# Location of application's bin directory
BASE=/opt/atlassian/jira
# Location of Java JDK
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/bin/java
"service jira start" works as root, jira, and other users. It just doesn't auto-start on boot. I assume the above values are correct since the start|stop commands work.
$ chkconfig --list jira
Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overridden by native
systemd configuration.
If you want to list systemd services use 'systemctl list-unit-files'.
To see services enabled on particular target use
'systemctl list-dependencies [target]'.
jira 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:off 5:on 6:off
Not sure what the "masked" is about. I get it regardless of which user I send the command as.
$ systemctl list-unit-files | grep jira
jira.service masked
I also did chown -R jira /opt/atlassian/jira/, but it made no difference. Should I chown these back to root?
BTW, the documentation for installing on CentOS with PostgreSQL (the recommended platforms) is unforgivably sloppy/disjointed/missing critical steps. I went out of my way to research what is officially recommended and complying has been insane. Like, it says to use MySQL as your DB when installing on CentOS, with no further explanation. Default install of MySQL results in MariaDB, which is "not supported". It's like this all over the place. It has been a 20+ hour nightmare just to get Jira up. Now another 4+ to get the auto-start working. I'm sure my current problem is a result of these bad instructions.