I want to run both Jira Server on my laptop and a version of Jira cloud. How can I sync them
You can link (connect) the two instances this way - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/link-to-server-products-from-cloud-744721656.html
In order to keep they synced you would need to use an app like issue sync or configuration manager from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Hello @Carl Edwards ,
As @Brant Schroederand @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ rightly said that you have a classical use case of an issue synchronization.
I'm Riddhi from the Exalate team, Exalate is a live sync tool.
Exalate was made for a use case like the one you're describing. It allows syncing information bi- and uni-directionally between multiple Jira instances. Or separate projects in your local Jira.
It's mega flexible, you can sync all types of information, including comments, attachments and custom fields. You can control what to sync and what not, and much more ....
It can also cater to your situation of dealing in a private to public sync, You can find out more about it here.
By the way, It might also be useful to set up a live video discussion. Then we can demonstrate how Exalate would get set up for your use case
Would that be valuable to you? You can book a suitable slot here.
Cheers,
Riddhi
As @Brant Schroeder said, an issue synchronization app can help you here. They will take care of the issues. I'm biased in recommending you one because I work for the Backbone Issue Sync team
If you need sth. to keep the project configuration in sync, you could have a look at Botron's configuration manager, but I'm not sure how well the app works with Jira Cloud.
Hi @Carl Edwards
(I am IssueSYNC Product Owner)
You can also use existing solution to synchronize multiple Jira instances like IssueSYNC. Mind that this is for data/tickets/project synchronization only. If you need configuration synchronization as well the easiest way is to restore Jira from xml backup.Cheers,Łukasz
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.