I have some data in AlienVault central How can I pull data from AlienVault central via REST API and put it into jira? Has anybody done such activity?
Hi Rohan,
You can use the Jira Rest API to create issues using AlienVault Webhooks.
Another way is using Rest Endpoints (Use Script Runner to Create it).
Request
curl \ -D- \ -u charlie:charlie \ -X POST \ --data {see below} \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" \ http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/issue/
{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "TEST" }, "summary": "REST ye merry gentlemen.", "description": "Creating of an issue using project keys and issue type names using the REST API", "issuetype": { "name": "Bug" } } }
Hi Lucas,
Aah..Thank you for the answer! Webhooks solution is clear.
The AlienVault data can be accessed via Rest API. So, by second option, do you mean I should create a script which keeps on polling the AlienVault data? Say after every half an hour to get new data by creating JIRA REST requests for new data? I am sorry, I have no knowledge about Alien Vault.
Rohan,
In the second option you have to create a web service on Alien Vault to send the data to Jira, it's like a webhook but you can personalize it.
Okay, understood. I thought of something else By the way, I think of two more solutions.
Sorry for taking lot of your time. But, whats your take on these two?
Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.